You are here

Poll: What gifts are hot for stepmoms this yr? *smirk*

northernsiren's picture

I saw the toy question and couldn't resist b/c I know for many it might be a skid free BM free day/week/yr!

In all seriousness, I have no clue what F is getting me. My most wanted was a new computer (he kind of took over my old one after his laptop died and my old one didn't run photoshop very well so I needed something more powerful anyway) but I already got it with the help of some early Xmas $$ from my folks. I'd really love to go somewhere, even a weekend in NYC would be fabulous (we're 1.5 hours from the city, so it's driveable) but that's not his gift style.

What are you all hoping for?

ferretmom's picture

Here are some of my top favorites:
1: Weekend at a spa.
2: Maid service for a week.
3: Having someone else do all the meals for a month.
4: Being locked in a chocolate shop over night. Biggrin

bewitched's picture

"To Thine Own Self Be True" William Shakesphere

Or is that reaching to far?
Ok. A job that pays above poverty level
A college education

Darn, I keep reaching too far

Ummm, lets see. A voice activated recorder
A hidden Nanny Cam - No, you guys, I don't have a Nanny

H presented with both, recording him, and facing Dr. Phil :evil:

disgusted's picture

I have video/audio survalence system in my house so I can see and hear everything...$200.00 from amazon!!

Nicoli's picture

I always hear my Mom's voice "remember, I have eyes and ears on the back of my head", like she knew what I was up to? But YOU have eyes on the ceiling in the plants, on the walls....

ferretmom's picture

How about a giant rocket that we could put all our monkey butt husbands and ungrateful sks on then send it to Mars. }:) A girl can dream.

Not My Real Mom's picture

I'd feel bad for the Martians.

yournotmyrealmom

Nicoli's picture

Just kidding, I ask for a love letter each year from my DH and receive just that. I reminds me about what I do right, what he appreciates and acknowledges my efforts to support him and his son.

Nicoli's picture

I know the above sounds "sick" but a girl has to get what she can when she can when these so called "blended" (BLENDER)lives are a bit overwhelming.

Nicoli's picture

I know the above sounds "sick" but a girl has to get what she can when she can when these so called "blended" (BLENDER)lives are a bit overwhelming.;)

disgusted's picture

Two weeks in Hawaii relaxing on the beach and Bon Jovi as my personal towel boy...And for those ladies who have child support going to BM's...I would say the trip should be paid for with BM's child support money!! LOL...

KeepsGettingBetter's picture

I'll just have Bon Jovi as my personal towel boy too but he must only be wearing the towel. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I dont wanna wake up from this dream.

sarahbernheart's picture

and all he can wear is a TOWEL!!

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

disgusted's picture

Oh and I almost forgot a ticket to the front of the line for our step kids when the medical/technical community finally invents retroactive abortion!!

stepmasochist's picture

I friggin' love it. I'll take three! Very, very, very, very, late-term abortions.

Actually, I love my skids, but how about a BM-endectomy.

now4teens's picture

But I'll take 3 one-way tickets to my new favorite state- Nebraska.

They have that great "Drop-off-your-child-no-questions-asked" loophole law, which allows you to drop ANY child (up to age 18) off at any hospital, police station, or fire station. It was originally intended as a safe haven law for newborns, but the idiot lawmakers forgot to put an age limit on it.

Now parents are coming from all over the country to drop off their unruly teenagers!

Ya gotta love it.

Sadly, 2 of our 5 teens passed the magical "18" number, so they're safe, but as for the other 3, SIGN ME UP!

"If you have never been hated by a child, you have never been a parent."
-Bette Davis

disgusted's picture

Or how about a retro active hestorectomy!!! I went to high school with "The BM" and I have always said if I would have known what the future held..I would have drug her off into the woods behind the high school and prrformed a hestorectomy on her with my number 2 pencil!!! LOL...

In a perfect world their would be retroactive abortion capabilities. ~ disgusted step mom

sarahbernheart's picture

I would vote for that, I am sure if ExW of FH did not have to have one after their 3rd child there would be more of them sucking the life right out of me.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

northernsiren's picture

I think a retroactive b*tch slap to F and maybe a flash of a current picture of BM might have lead him to well, less trollish options at age 17....

from my SD, the reason we're going through it all....:
o, btw, my dad and *northernsiren* are the best family a girl(and boy) could ever hope for. Thank you for helpping me through these hard times.

Most Evil's picture

is an upgrade to some honking diamond stud earrings! I have some little ones that will just have to do, maybe if I water them they will grow?!!

I found out you can trade them in for a larger size and not have to pay so much - but that is dreamland at this point!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

Nicoli's picture

I have heard through the grapevine of consumer reports that Zales will be shuttering their doors....so a big glittering reward is not out of the question! The more YOU glitter the more bitter the BM... Wink

Most Evil's picture

That is the sound of the lightbulb going off over my head - there will be some major sales coming up!! believe me the first opportunity I am doing it!! Thanks!!:)

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

bewitched's picture

So sorry. They have had so many teenagers dropped off, that they changed the law and now accept only babies 30 days old or younger.

I hated to be the bearer of that sad fact, but didn't want y'all driving all the way to Nebraska just to be turned away. Wink

now4teens's picture

"If you have never been hated by a child, you have never been a parent."
-Bette Davis

northernsiren's picture

I think the less humane version would be funnier for the self entitled brats personally, but I suppose that's child abuse....

o, btw, my dad and *northernsiren* are the best family a girl(and boy) could ever hope for. Thank you for helpping me through these hard times.

bellacita's picture

i just almost peed myself watching this and thinking of all our skids!!!!

too funny!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

bellacita's picture

u gals are cracking me up at my desk while im supposed to be working!!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

SerendipitySM's picture

Me too!! Crayon - girl you are too much!! Where do you live??

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin

northernsiren's picture

LOL, that switch is great! So I don't have to buy separate prods for Skid and another for F.

Ladies I think we need to take up a collection to send crayon one for Xmas!

bewitched's picture

definately H's. Who the he11 else would act like him except for his spawn?

I have a vision-we all don spy girl coats, load the skids on a bus-really sneaky like so H's don't know, drive them to Nebraska and drop 'em off. I know they changed the law, but we should be grandfathered in.

I'll bring the wine!

ferretmom's picture

I have the perfect gift. Bon Jovi dipped in chocolate on a tropical beach. NO sks in sight and absolutely no bf or hs anywhere.