You are here

Oh my Lord lol

proudstepmommy's picture

Ok... So tonight DH and I were dropping off SD10 at BMs house.

I was "trying" to be civil with BM and asked her if she had heard that DHs grandma had signed SD up for swim lessons & vacation bible school (like last year). Mind you, DHs grandma keeps SD at her house during the day when we have her during the summer (typically more than 90% of the summer since BM doesn't really want to deal with SD unless she has to). BM said she agreed to the lessons, but not the bible school. She said her DD needed to worship the same person that she did (and motioned to herself).

At this point SD just looked at me like "see what I mean". Now I am religious (catholic) but not practicing & DH is agnostic (not sure if there is a God or higher power). Both DH & I believe that everyone has the right to become informed and believe what they'd like to believe.

I had heard that BM had said this to SD and her older 1/2 sisters before, but to actually hear her say this left me flabbergasted.

I know DHs grandma just does this cause she feels the same way DH and I do, and just wants SD to learn about both sides. Just worry about SD at her BMs with someone so closed minded.

Rags's picture

BM does not get an opinion of what goes on with SD during dad's visitation time. Too bad she is too stupid to realize this fact.

B22S22's picture

Wait... BM motioned to herself, meaning she worships herself? Or she meant SD had to conform to the same religion as BM?

If she meant the former, I'd have a difficult time NOT howling out loud. Smile

If she meant the latter, well, I agree with Rags -- she has no say unless you have a clause in the CO about "religion"

proudstepmommy's picture

I know... Crazy isn't it lol.. BM motioned to herself (as in that her DD should worship her)... Smh lol

proudstepmommy's picture

Very true... Looking back I shouldn't have brought it up.

While I agree that DH's grandma can overstep sometimes... she does have good intentions. We don't use this as a "time filler" though... both he & I went to vacation bible school growing up... and while I can't speak for him, I know I got a lot out of it (knowledge wise). We want SD to grow up the same way and make an educated decision on her own as to what she believes in.