You are here

New Year - New Me - Don't Like it - Don't Care

hbell0428's picture

After trying several thousand things and trying not to make waves or DO what StepParents are "supposed" to do - I have decided to just do as I wish. DH doesn't like - don't care. I have let my SD13 and DH run my house for too long. I am me and this is how it is. I will treat ALL kids the same Mine or Not. I am raising her full time now. BM has handed her to us. If my DH disagrees then it will be made clear that I WONT do for her anymore at all!! }:) . What's good for MINE/OURS - should be good enough for her!!

Zoie's picture

Cheers to you girl...I am so glad to hear that...tell them all to buckle up and giddy up...it's go time.....

Z Smile

steptwins's picture

Agree - tonight big game on TV for DH so I won't bother hanging around, told him I'd be home around 9. Looking so forward to it - working out, eating sushi, & no TV.

hbell0428's picture

I will say this has been the hardest thing to do!! It is a never ending battle - I am still doing as I please but getting a bad reaction from DH - he is pulling the you don't love her crap!! OMG

ddakan's picture

I'm with you on that one!!! Here's a song for the steppers:

"It's alright now, I've learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've gotta please yourself..." Ricky Nelson