You are here

more for myself

SugarSpice's picture

i used to buy things for the adult skids. little things when i came across them while shopping. clothes for the girls, makeup. clothes for the young man.

the last straw was one sd who got mouthy with me when i bought her a pair of expensive designers shoes after her sister ragged on her about the size of her big feet. i felt so bad for the girl that thought a trip to buy some elegant shoes would cheer her up.

not a chance. the sd called her father about how laughable the whole thing was. btw, she did accept the gift of the expensive shoes.

no more.

now every time i go shopping and thing oh xx would like that i stop myself and dont buy it. they dont appreciate my generosity. bm does not buy the skids a damn thing. after she split from second husband (she dumped dh to marry her lover) she did not have a penny buy they split a load of debts. the reason for the second divorce? looks like the lover she married (he left his wife to marry her) had an affair. karma truck ran her onver.

my generosity was abused. skids accepted gifts and then bad mouthed me.

no more. now i can buy more shoes for myself.

Amcc13's picture

Good for you. I remember your last post about that brat. Next time they are looking for a present you can tell them how laughable a situation that is for you now.
Well done sticking to your guns. Please treat yourself and your partner to something nice for just the two of you

Amcc13's picture

Good for you. I remember your last post about that brat. Next time they are looking for a present you can tell them how laughable a situation that is for you now.
Well done sticking to your guns. Please treat yourself and your partner to something nice for just the two of you

Amcc13's picture

oyvey's picture

I will never buy another thing for my stepsons ever again, not since I got not even a card for Xmas and their Dad got one that wasn't even signed. They are both over 18.

How lazy does one have to be to not even SIGN a card??? That their mother surely bought???

Screw that.

No more.

hereiam's picture

since I got not even a card for Xmas and their Dad got one that wasn't even signed.

Then ONE time SD24 bought her dad a card, it was a Father's Day card that was not signed. I'm sure she bought it at the last minute, on the way over to our house.

Other than that, neither of us has ever received a card of any type from her, much less a gift.

I told DH I am done buying her gifts of any kind, even Christmas gifts. We don't even get a "Thank you".

notasm3's picture

DH came home last night after visiting SS30 and told me that Babymama wants a Keurig for her birthday. I nixed that. Said that SS could get it for her. I told DH that they are adults and now the kid is the only one who gets birthday presents. Neither DH nor I have ever gotten anything (even a card) for a birthday - which is okay.

I had no intention of getting Babymama anything for her birthday - and especially not something that costs over $100. How incredibly entitled to ask for a present. DH did not ask her what she wanted for her birthday. DH's birthday is before hers. I was nice though and didn't ask him if he told her what expensive thing he wanted.

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

Back when I was a stepmother, I would buy them things. I cringe now at the money I wasted. I bought ipads and took them everywhere I took my kids and we got lots of places. One fateful day at the Carribbean Beach Resort at Disney we were swimming in the pool and the older one swims up with daddy and he says, "Now don't be mad.... but we still want to go to our dinner reservations that you made tonight but we want it to be just us and not you and your kids and the friend of younger step daughter that you also paid for, we want her there." so we had a horrific fight and broke up right there at Disney World and eventually we got back together but I never forgot that and from that day on I never ever spent another dime on the older step daughter. She of course would continue to give me her birthday and christmas wish lists and ask to go on vacation with me, but I stopped from that day on. You bet she would get mad when she'd see my kids and I instragram vacation pics but I'd just say, "I figured you guys want your daddy daughter alone time." Best revenge ever. I highly recommend it over putting say nair in shampoo. Just live your life and do want pleases you and don't spend any money on her.

Cimcim's picture

Good for you OP, no one should continue to receive gifts if they are ungrateful and treat you like that.
I would also stop giving gifts if that kind of response came from my husbands kids.
I will buy them things for birthdays/ Christmas and sometimes in between, but they have always been grateful as far as I'm aware. We have joint accounts money I spend is not solely mine either which is good.
Hope you buy yourself something lovely! Smile