You are here

Just when you think ....

Rags's picture

I ran over to the villa we just leased in Las Vegas to get the dishes, glasses, kitchen stuff my DW ordered off of the front step and put it away.  The dining chairs were also due for delivery today but apparently the FedEx system went down so they never showed up.

On my way back to the Candlewood where I have been living for three months I stopped into a crab boil place for a late lunch.  I was seated next to a young mom and her three boys (1, nearly 5, and nearly 6).  I absolutely enjoyed having dinner "with" them.  We talked a bit, those three young men were impeccably behaved, mom was engaged with them, they were truly a wonderful family.   I taught the boys about craw fish, they taught me about shrimp, and we had a very pleasant meal at our side by side tables.

I told the boys how great they were and told their mom that she and their dad were raising young gentlemen of note.

On the other side of the restaurant was a family with a 4-5-ish yo kid who was screaming, running amok, and filled the restaurant wit "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom......."  I just cringed.

It was a great afternoon with a really amazing family.  And the food was pretty good.

It even allowed me to tune out the little POS on the other side of the restaurant.

There may be hope yet.