You are here

Is He Wrong???

mom23ms's picture

Long story short, I moved out until SO could get his act together with his kids. I figured if I give him space then perhaps maybe his daughters could act like somewhat normal kids. By all means I do not expect them to be perfect..But they have done some things that would just blow your mind. Anyway, even though I moved out we are still on speaking terms. I chose NOT to do anything with his children. I do not want to be around them. I feel after what they did to me (long story) they owe me an apology.

Anyway here's the question. BM put braces on the eldest daughter behind SO's back. He had no idea they were being put on. Medical and Dental decisions are suppose to be made 50/50. He found out when she gave him his half of the payment coupons in an envelope. Now, BM had to sign some sort of paperwork for this financing for them because she go a coupon book like you would have if you financed a car. So he asks her if she signed any financial paperwork and her reply was "yes." So he asked her if he is going to be responsible for half these payments, can he have a copy of the paperwork? Her reply was "you don't need to see the paperwork I signed, it's none of your business."

Now SO keeps a copy for everything for financial reasons. So I guess my question is, is he entitled to get a copy of the documents or is it really none of his business....he just need to make the monthly payments? I don't know if going to the Ortho to ask for a copy would work since she signed everything and it's all in her name.

Totalybogus's picture

He should have a copy. Don't rely on her to give him anything though. Have him call the Ortho. They are very used to dealing with these types of situations and will provide him with the paperwork.

Jsmom's picture

If he doesn't get paperwork, how does he know that he is paying half and not more. Get the paperwork.