You are here

Another thing making me dread being a stepmom is the fact that SD steals.

stepmominhiding's picture

Sd is so good at manipulating DH, she literally STOLE MONEY from her mother's purse. BM knows it's SD, but SD has DH believing that it must have been someone else. Then she steals $100 worth candy from her school fundraiser. BM cought SD with ALL the candy wrappers in her backpack. She denied it up and down, like it wasn't her, it must have been her friends, she actings like nothing happened and can look DH straight in the eye and tell him that she didn't steal the candy. And DH believes her!

Myss.Tique D'Off's picture

Someone is going to call the cops on this kid. She is either a thief or a kleptomaniac... Still going to land her in trouble - even if her parents believe her lies (more dishonest behaviour).

There is a lot of lies and self-deception going on in this situation - and it is not only your SD doing it.

stepmominhiding's picture

I completely agree! DH acts as if its all ok, shes just a child, which leads into my next post! She keeps getting treated like a 5 yo that doesn't know better!!! DH didn't follow through with ANY of the punishments BM set, he is just like, well I don't know, what if SD is telling the truth? she was annoying and manipulative and took things as a 5yo when i met her, but it was minor things, like she would take DDs toy and hide it in her room, she'd get punished for it, THATS the difference, DH would DO SOMETHING, now he just acts like, whatever.and gets defensive if i make a comment about it. Like, well DD isn't perfect, I never said DD was perfect, but she's NEVER stolen anything.  my comment back to him usually is molre along the lines of "I know our kids aren't perfect, but right now we are dealing with XYZ, we already dealt with DD last week. she's going to counseling because of her issues. SD's mom and dad won't even bring up counseling.  Wacko